Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Listed below are the current opportunities to join the Mountain Valley Transit team.
Please submit an employment application to email@example.com or drop off/mail to 54 Jones Ave. Salida, CO, 81201
Office Manager/Financial Administrator—Full-Time
Job Title: Office Manager/Financial Administrator
Based at: Neighbor to Neighbor Volunteers/Mountain Valley Transit
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Purpose Summary:
- The Office Manager/Financial Administrator is a support professional, providing office
- services in an effort to assist the Executive Director to run the organization smoothly.
- This position is responsible for company finances and finance related reporting,
- including but not limited to payroll and tax liabilities, custody of money and banking,
- CDOT reimbursement billing, Medicaid reimbursement billing and human resources.
- Additionally, this position will serve as the Designated Employee Representative (DER).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Type and word-process various documents and electronic information, including but not limited to drafting correspondences, creation of organizational tools, and drafting grant proposals and financial requests.
- Create and maintain statistical tools and recordkeeping reports using spreadsheets.
- Manage, organize and update relevant data using database applications.
- Maintain financial records as well as reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements, including payroll, banking, and scheduled financial reports.
- Analyze and interpret financial statistics and other data and produce relevant reports.
- Have an understanding of CDOT policies and procedures and meet required deadlines for reporting
- Create and analyze financial statistics and other data and produce relevant reports.
- Have a good understanding of the organization’s mission and operational procedures and policies.
- Purchase and maintain office supply inventory, including vehicle supplies, if necessary.
- Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Dispatch duties as necessary – see Dispatch Job Description.
- Assist with communication with the Board of Directors, attend scheduled meetings and draft meeting minutes.
- Assist with fundraising events and planning as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned – to be determined and agreed upon
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing various organizational tasks as needed.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Human Resources policy and oversight
- Other responsibilities as directed
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Basic computer and office machine skills
- Microsoft Office or Google skills
- QuickBooks skills – experience preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Transportation experience preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Work is performed in a standard office setting. Must be able to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 25lbs. Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience in direct staff supervision
- Overseeing business operations
- Experience supporting a non-profit, government and/or mission-based organization
- Demonstrated professional, courteous, and effective public communications skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to assume responsibility for completion of workload without immediate supervision
- Proficiency in Office 365 suite of programs or Google suite of program
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Experience working with Chaffee County local government and business leaders
- Bilingual and/or Bicultural
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Hours of Work: 8am–5pm
Days of Work: Monday–Friday
*Hours may vary in the event evening meetings are required.
54 Jones Avenue, Salida CO 81201
Salida & Buena Vista 719-530-8980